The Manage Files tool is a file management system for your course. You can use this tool to organize and upload files associated with your course offering. We recommend that you organize your files into folders, creating a folder for each module of content. The functions you can perform in Manage Files can be divided into the following two categories:
- Organizing and managing files and folders Perform basic tasks such as creating, editing, deleting, uploading, moving files and folders, and zipping and unzipping files.
- Creating topics from your files Create topics using files from your course content structure.
Instructor help topics
What are the basics of Manage Files?
- Accessing Manage Files
- Uploading and downloading files in Manage Files
- Creating HTML and TXT files in Manage Files
- Editing an existing HTML or TXT file in Manage Files
- Zipping and unzipping files and folders in Manage Files
- Creating a new folder in Manage Files?
- Copying a file or folder in Manage Files
- Moving a file or folder in Manage Files
- Opening a file or folder in Manage Files
- Renaming a file or folder in Manage Files
- Sorting files and folders in Manage Files
- Viewing properties of a file or folder in Manage Files
- Creating a Content topic in Manage Files
- Applying content permissions on folders in Manage Files
- Deleting a file or folder in Manage Files